So we started putting together this list (fun way to relive some memories!) and realized that we really didn’t go to that many movies in 2013. So, here’s our list such as it is:1. Iron Man 3 – we are both comic book super hero movie geeks and Iron Man happens to be my favourite! – C (As in she really, really loves Robert Downey, Jr., and Tony Stark = RDJ with guns. – S She even is like a teenage girl and keeps pictures of him on her wall. – Mr. Anderson Yeah, it’s like a shrine. – S)
2. Despicable Me 2 – we adore minions! Apparently so does Hocus Pocus, Sam’s new kitten – she was enthralled by them while watching the movie with her mama the other day! (She tried to crawl right into the screen! And then would be bored when the minions weren’t in a scene. – S)
3. Thor: The Dark World – it’s that comic book super hero thing again! And, come on, he’s HOT! (Myeuh-
4. The Great Gatsby – I’m the only one to have seen this movie. I’m a BIG F. Scott Fitzgerald fan and was thrilled when this movie came out. – C
5. The Lone Ranger – It got a lot of bad reviews, but not from us. We thought it was a fun movie.
6. Monsters University – Sam and Mr. Anderson saw this one. It’s movies like this that even us 20-somethings can go see and not be weirdos! And, unlike most sequels or prequels, it lived up to the first one.
7. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug – Sam and Mr. Anderson saw this one, too! We saw this with a big group of friends, and that made it all the more enjoyable (and had us giggling at parts that probably weren’t supposed to be funny). Having to wait a year before movies was no fun, but definitely worth it.
8. Last Vegas – Date night for Sam and Mr. Anderson! Not the best movie of all time, but those old guys still got game.
Yep, so we only came up with 8 movies between both of us combined! There were several others we wanted to see, but just didn’t get around to. Here’s our list of ones we wished we had seen and still plan to!
- Oz, the Great and Powerful
- Hunger Games: Catching Fire
- Star Trek: Into Darkness
- About Time
- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
- The Book Thief
- 42 (though mostly just for Mr. Anderson)
What were your favourite movies of the year? Any we missed on these lists?