We just love Brie especially for the holidays and other special occasions. This Baked Brie with Cranberries and Walnuts is a favorite way to serve it. The cheese gets all warm and melty and it’s simply perfection.
The remaining ingredients perfectly complement the cheese and if you’re like us, when you take that first bite, you won’t be able to help yourself as you sigh with delight.
Baked Brie with Cranberries and Walnuts
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
8 oz. brie cheese wheel
¼ c. cranberry sauce (homemade or store-bought)
2 T. dried cranberries (Craisins)
½ c. walnuts, roughly chopped (pecans are a great variation here)
1 T. honey, preferably local
2 rosemary sprigs
Suggested dippers for serving:
- French baguette, warmed and sliced on the diagonal
- Crackers (not too delicate or they won’t hold the toppings well)
- Fresh vegetables for dipping such as baby carrots, celery, cucumber rounds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Place the brie on the prepared baking sheet and transfer it to the oven to bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove brie from the oven, and using two forks, gently expose the creamy layer beneath the crusty top of the cheese. Spread the cranberry sauce on top of the cheese, followed by the dried cranberries and walnuts. Drizzle with honey and top with fresh rosemary.
- Return brie in the oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until all the toppings are warm and the brie is heated to your desired temperature.
- Serve the baked brie on a decorative platter alongside your chosen dippers.